Illinois Family Law Articles & Resources
Below you will find a library of up-to-date articles about Illinois family law. These articles can help you gain a basic understanding of the state laws and legal processes pertaining to divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, DCFS investigations, and legal separation.
Please keep in mind that these articles contain general legal information and are not a substitute for speaking with a qualified attorney about your specific family law matter.
Call us 24/7 for a free family law consultation:
Or, contact us via our online form.
- Who Are the Best Divorce Attorneys in Chicago?
- How Much Does Divorce Cost in Illinois?
- Is Illinois a Community Property State?
- How Does Divorce Work if My Spouse Lives in a Different State?
- How to Find an Affordable Divorce Lawyer in Chicago
- What to Know About Collaborative Divorce in Illinois
- The Forms (PDFs) You Need to Get Divorced in Illinois
- Can I File for Divorce Online in Illinois?
- Illinois No-Fault Divorce Law – What Does it Mean?
- How to Get an Uncontested Divorce in Illinois
- How to File For Divorce in Cook County (Chicago)
- How to File for Divorce in Illinois Without a Lawyer
- High-Net-Worth Divorce in Illinois
- How Long Does Divorce Take in Illinois?
- How To Get a Divorce in Illinois
Child Custody Topics
- How Does Joint Custody Work in Illinois?
- What Are the Grounds for Custody Modification in Illinois?
- Child Custody Rights of Unmarried Parents in Illinois
- How to Win Sole Custody in Illinois
- How to Prepare an Effective Illinois Parenting Plan
- A Plain English Guide to Illinois Child Custody Laws
- Filing for Emergency and Temporary Custody Orders in Illinois